Corfu By U

Take Control Of Your Holiday

CorfuByU Forum: Corfu, Blog, Forum, Discussion and Chat it up


Corfu Carbon Monoxide Posioning Trial

Twelve people went on trial on February 4 regarding the carbon monoxide poisoning of two British children at a luxury hotel in Corfu. Seven-year-old Christianne Shepherd and her 6-year-old brother Robert were found dead in October 2006 in their bungalow at the island’s Corcyra Beach Hotel. Their father, Neil Shepherd, and his partner Ruth-Emy Beatson were found unconscious but made a full recovery. Twelve people, including two British nationals who worked for the Thomas Cook tour operator, have been charged with negligent manslaughter and causing injury by negligence. Some also have been charged with violating building codes. The case was being heard in a misdemeanour court in Corfu.

Have A Question, Why Not Ask??? Contact